Sunday, October 18, 2015

10/18/15

Yesterday was the day I had to do the most hardest thing I have ever done. Yesterday we tried to summit Mount Lamborn, and it was NOT easy. by the end of it, I was in a lot of pain and just wanting to get off the mountain as soon as possible. But being on that mountain also had me learning some good things. I was able to come a bit of a breakthrough with mom, and I was able to clear things up with my family. I also realized that relationships that are just for how I want to feel aren't really that good to have. But I know I did what I could to get up that trail. Granted, there were A LOT of tears, but that's what going to happen in life: You'll come across something that you'll have to climb or figure out how to solve that's going to be difficult.

There will probably be blood, sweat, and tears involved, but you'll need to tough it out till you get it done. Only then will you be able to relax and take it easy. My older sister and her husband was with us yesterday, and by the end of the day he admitted that the climb was something that was totally out of his comfort zone. Some people might think that their comfort zone is just fine, when they're really missing a whole lot that's happening outside of it. But sometimes people are too comfortable and don't want to do anything out of the ordinary, which is something called Routine. I have hiked before, and it's been fun, but something about that particular one yesterday was somehow very different from some of the hikes I've done before. It helped me realize something about life: there are times where you feel like you're not getting anywhere inline, and trail seems to go on and on, and you're hurting all over and you just want to get home, but if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other, slowly but surely you'll get down that mountain and on your way home. I thought I was NEVER going to get home, and my mom kept me motivated to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and before I knew it, I was on my way home, to a shower, and bed. If you have a difficult moment in life where you feel like you can't get something important done, you're going to need someone supporting you all the way like a parent, friend, spouse, etc., in order to summit and finish what you started.

So, I guess that's it, but I'd love to hear what your most difficult climb has been, whether in life or other ways!!!

Thanks for keeping me writing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome day! I love this. I love these breakthroughs we have in life... :) Keep writing, this is good stuff.

    ReplyDelete