Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 5/29/17

Memorial Day. The day where we honor our fallen, and the ones who have come home. But in a way, the ones who come back are more different than they used to be when they left. The ones who come home have scars, awful nightmares that keep them up at night, too afraid to close their eyes cause terror and pain are all that wait for them when they do eventually succumb to sleep. Some come back with hardened hearts from having it get torn open over and over, losing friends and brothers on the battle field. I'll never be able to imagine what war is like. I've only read about it. And I've also been in close proximity to a person who was changed by war. Sometimes, you know that this planet was created to have beautiful things in it but there are ugly words that exist. Like war, and battle, and death, and PTSD. Things like that I feel like were never meant to exist. But they do. And we learn to live with ugly things, as much as we hate them.

I try to keep things that are geek and fandom related separated with these blogs (even though I posted something about Star Wars 4 days ago) But this just speaks to me on a deeper level. This little snippet is from season 8 of Doctor Who, and I believe this part to be incredibly powerful, very emotional and extraordinary, cause of the writing put into this scene and the unbelievably talented acting. With this video, I am not trying to put any harsh opinions out there, but this spoke to a lot of people on a very deep level when this episode aired.







Thanks for reading/watching, and happy monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment